Knowledgebase: Microsoft Word
You receive a "Word was not able to open the data source" error message when you try to insert a selection of database records into a Word 2003 document
Posted by - NA - on 20 March 2006 08:50 AM
Modify the field code syntax
To modify the field code, follow these steps. These steps assume that you are using an existing field code entry in your document.
1. Right-click the field code, and then click Toggle Field Codes.
2. Locate the WHERE statement.
Typically the WHERE statement of the field code is at the end of the field code text.
3. Put the insertion point before the word WHERE.
4. Insert a blank space before the world WHERE.
5. Right-click the field code, and then click Update Field.
The field code will update correctly.
Insert database records as a table
You can insert records that are returned from a query as a table and not as a field. To do so, follow these steps:
1. On the Database toolbar, click Insert Database.
2. Click Get Data.
3. Click Browse, and then locate your data source.
4. Click Query Options, and then create your query.
5. Click Insert Data.
6. If the Insert data as field check box is selected, click to clear the Insert data as field check box.
7. Select the range of records or click All, and then click OK.